God is doing great things at LHC, and we want you to be a part of it! Joining the LHC Internship Program will provide you with an opportunity to become involved in a hands-on approach to ministry. This unpaid internship is built in such a way that it is very possible to go to school and have a part-time job as well. When most people think of an internship, they have visions of busy work, fetching coffee, picking up dry cleaning, and making copies…but by becoming an LHC intern you will actually get to contribute to a team of individuals who are working to grow the community of Christ one life at a time. Oh, don’t worry, there will be plenty of hard work…after all, changing the world takes a lot of effort and dedication! But, there is no greater satisfaction than getting to see the Kingdom of God advanced because of your efforts.
Being an intern is a privilege, and it’s a chance to be empowered and learn more about your passions and WHO you are. We want to raise up a generation of world changers and leaders, people who are awakened to the God-given potential inside of them to make an impact for the glory of God. We hope that you will consider joining our team as we strive to grow the community of Christ one life at a time!
WHAT THIS INTERNSHIP OFFERS YOU
You will work approximately 10-20 hours a week, depending on your schedule and internship track. You will be trained, mentored, and stretched to become an effective leader, both in your personal life and in the church.
Through this internship…
- You will be challenged to think creatively as a problem-solver in whatever area you intern.
- You will learn to work with volunteers, as well as manage your time, deadlines and resources.
- You will strengthen your walk with God through mentoring times, weekly meetings and spiritual development so that you can be a knowledgeable, devoted, and passionate follower of Christ.
WHAT IS REQUIRED OF YOU AS AN INTERN
- Attend AT LEAST 6 of the 8 weekly intern meetings.
- Meet with your mentor weekly…be prepared by having your reading done and ready for discussion
- Attend and serve on Sunday mornings…Sundays are our Game Days. We always show up for Game Day!
- Set weekly office hours with your supervisor, and be consistent.
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an intern, you’ll be paired with an LHC Staff member. This commitment is approximately 10-20 hours a week. You’ll participate in the weekly intern meetings, All Hands On Deck (AHOD) Events, and ministry-specific tasks to your track.